Monday 27 September 2010

Ornate Bird

I was looking through some pictures of some cards I made last year and I thought I would share my favourites with you.

This card has been made by cutting an inch off the front of the card with scalloped scissors. The backing paper is then stuck over the whole of the inside of the card so that some of it is peeking through when the card is closed.

I then cut a circle on the top left hand corner, the same size as the bird topper I had. The topper was then stuck on the inside of the card, mounted onto silver card.

On the front, I cut a circle of glitter card, slightly larger than the hole. I didn't use a scallop punch because I didn't have one at the time, but using this would have made it easier! I then cut a hole in the glitter card, the same size as the hole in the card, to create a border for the topper on the inside.

I then mounted a matching greeting topper onto the same glitter card and stuck this for the front.

So really, it is two cards in one, as another card emerges when the recipient opens it.

I might have to try some more of these!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment