Sunday 24 October 2010

Contemporary Christmas Cards

I recently bought some stamps that had a Christmas theme, but not in the traditional sense. At first I wasn't sure what to do with them, but I had a little thought and this is what I came up with:

Then I had some new punches and again I wasn't quite sure what to do with them. I had previously stamped some smaller Christmas themed shapes and thought that these would fit on my scallop punch perfectly. So I punched 2 scalloped circles and stuck the shapes on with 3D foam. I then stuck some clear glitter snow flakes onto some turquoise card and cut around them. These were stuck on too.


Then my favourite punch was used on the edge of the card. Because the snow flakes don't stand out that much, I added the same colour turquoise card to the edge. This really brings out the snowflakes, especially after I added some glitter.

I then added a clear glitter greeting and this is what I got:
I hope you like them. They are not what you would normally associate with Christmas cards, but I thought it would make a change from the red, green, gold and silver that is traditionally found in festive cards.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment