Sunday 31 October 2010

Padded cards

I have been trying out new ideas for cards and actually saw this idea on a craft shopping channel. It used the same material as I had already bought to make a quilted cushion from. I had bought too much material and thought that the remainder of it would make some beautiful cards:

It is a very simple card and can be added to if required.


I cut out a piece of stiff cardboard and made it into a square. I then cut out a square of material leaving a border around the edges. I cut a piece of wadding the same size as the card board square and glued it on. I then stretched the material over the square and glued down the back.

The square was then mounted onto a piece of gold card and stuck the the centre of the card. I then stuck on some gold peel off borders around the square to create the sections.

This card has a greeting on it, but I also thought of adding some hearts or other peel off's in the corner sections, although I couldn't find anything suitable.


They make really special cards to suit any occasion and any patterned material can be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment