Saturday 14 April 2012

Circles Template

I found this template on the Gourmet Rubber Stamps website and found that I drew quite a lot of inspiration from it:

http://www.gourmetrubberstamps.com/blog/
The first card I made was using the new Boofle range from Do-Crafts:


I reversed the template design around and substituted the smaller circle for an oversized paper flower. I die cut the circle and used a Boofle card stock sticker. I sewed the edge of the circle and outlined the sticker with black fine-liner pen to make it stand out. I also added the sentiment to the strip along the bottom and buttons were used as the finishing touch.

I had made these flowers a few weeks back and wasn't sure what to do with them, when I realised I could follow the same format as the template:


The flowers were made using the clear embossing and acrylic paint technique that I tried a few weeks ago (which I have explained in an earlier blog post) and then layered up in alternating colours.

The background was made using a script stamp from Crafty Individuals, embossed with purple pearlescent WOW embossing powder. It doesn't stand out too well in the picture, but this shines when held in the right light.

I dropped the border down slightly and this time used the flower doily X-Cut border punch. The sentiment was added along with some adhesive pearls.

Then I decided to change the shape of the card blank and try some stamps I hadn't yet used, which are by Kanban:


The main tree image was heat embossed with silver powder. I then stamped the owl in black pigment ink and embossed it with clear powder. This helped for cutting out as it gave a slight ridge for me to follow.

The border was stamped with a 3 tree stamp onto dark brown card and heat embossed with a metallic bronze powder. Three dark brown brads finish off the card in the top right hand corner.

I found this template very easy to use and quite versatile, meaning that it can be adapted to several different layouts and occasions.Why not have a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment