Thursday 12 April 2012

Monotone Card

I found some inspiration for this card and wanted to share it because I am very proud and pleased with how it has turned out:

I scored a square card blank in half and folded it back to create the step. I border punched the edge and added some papermania capsule collection from the black and white pad. You can't see it in the picture but I also added a strip of black card behind the border to make it stand out when folded down flat.

The main image was heat embossed onto grey card using WOW embossing powder in black gilt. I then mounted it onto black card and added some small cream brads for decoration.

The backing paper is from the Papermania bookprint paper pad and I added some black polka dot ribbon. I then heat embossed two butterflies in white powder onto black card and cut round them. A grey adhesive pearl was then added to the top butterfly.

I think it looks very stylish and different and would make a great card for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment