Sunday 19 December 2010

Black and white cards

I have been wanting to make black and white cards for a while now. There is just something about them that appeals to me and I think they can look very sophisticated when done right. Most of the bits I found were very boring and didn't look very good until I found this set from Kanban - a card making brand that I really like.

I know it's cheating slightly but I love the old fashioned adverts that are featured in the card designs such as the following:

And colours such as silver can be used as well to create a nice shiny, more expensive look to the card. Here are a few more that I have created:



Although I think this one is my favourite because it shows an old newspaper article. It's a bit too small to see in the picture but you can actually read it on the card.


I'd love to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment