Friday 5 August 2011

Another attempt at a scrapbook page

When looking through some old pictures I came across a really nice one that had been taken at a hotel I used to work at. After studying it for a while I decided on the colours I was going to use and attempted to make up another scrapbook page. I am still new at this and the pages I make are no where near as nice as the ones I have seen in magazines, but it's a start.

Here is the finished page:
The first idea I had was to make something of the blue lights that were in the cigar shack so I matched them with the blue mirri card. I made the lace type border by punching out inverted scallops using a scallop circle punch. I took the off cuts and placed them under the picture to give a scallop type edge.

The cushions in the cigar shack were a red and brown colour so I chose this core'dinations card and scored some lines in a grid pattern onto them. I then sanded them to reveal the core colour and rounded the edges. They reflect the cushions in the shack quite well.

The newspaper cutting was cut out and the edges distressed with an ink pad and a sponge. There is also a slight gold colour that has been sponged onto the cutting too.

For the title I adapted my technique of sticking things on and inking over the top. I had some sticky letters which I de-tacked by sticking them to my clothes a few times so they wouldn't rip the paper when I tore them off. When they were stuck into place I inked over them with the same ink used for the newspaper cutting. I then took each letter off and it left a brilliant outline.

The tags were added for the journaling piece and the brown tag has been outlined and dotted with some platinum liquid pearls. I added the piece of ribbon in the corner and secured it with a brad but I am not sure about it - it seems a bit too random for me!

Anyway, I hope you like it and I'm sure I will find some more pictures to scrapbook soon.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment