Thursday 4 August 2011

Cards made with Scenes

I bought these scene stamps from a fair I went to in July and have been getting around to using them. The set is by Hobby Arts and comprises of a sheet with lots of different images on. The idea is that you can build up these images to create your own scene. I tried looking online to find some inspiration on where to start but I couldn't find any pictures, which is why I have been a bit slow to use them. However, I thought I would try today.

The first one I made was this one. This was made using one picture that I did find online which gave me a starting point:
I had to do a bit of masking when it came to leaning the surf board against the wall. I had done this once before but I did have to practice again before doing it on this card. I found it was actually quite easy but you have to do it back to front and stamp the image that will be in the front first. I really love the small people on this card.

The next card was an experiment and I think it turned out quite well for a first attempt on my own:
It only used a few of the stamps on the set but I really like the stamp that has the ripple effect. I added some glitter to these ripples to make them shimmer.

Then I thought I would play it safe and use the camper van stamp to create a male card (or female - it can be for either!).
I stamped the van four times and coloured each one a different colour to reflect the many different camper vans that are around. I mounted each one onto black card stuck them onto a stripy backing paper that was mounted onto a light blue card. The card gives a fresh summery feel.


The next card is an example of when mistakes are made and how they can be rectified. I started stamping a scene but then decided I wanted to add more to it. Here is where it went a bit wrong and the join in the cliffs is quite obvious.
I had already stamped and coloured the image and I didn't want to do it again so I covered it up with a sentiment topper:

I'm not too sure about it - the picture doesn't seem quite in proportion and I am not sure about the sentiment in the centre of the picture, but I will leave it and see if it grows on me. I mounted the image onto yellow core'dinations card and lightly sanded the edge of it which made the picture stand out even more.

I hope you like them - some summery cards to brighten you days.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment