Wednesday 3 August 2011

Made with peel off's

You may not believe that this first card is made with peel off's - it is, but not in the conventional way, and it's not made with white peel off's either!

I read an article in a magazine about using ink on cards. I love using ink for other uses than just stamping so I thought I would try it out. It involved sticking the peel off's onto a piece of card and then inking over them. When you peel them off the card you are left with a white outline which looks really quite effective.

I then had another idea and using my transfer sheet I picked up all the left over pieces from the butterfly stained glass window peel off and stuck them onto a piece of card. I then inked over that and one by one, peeled off all the left over pieces. this left me with lots of white areas but the ink had taken the place of where the silver peel off lines should have been.

I then mounted it onto purple mirri card and stuck it onto the background. I inked with a dark purple round the edge of the background, embossed a sentiment with clear powder and inked around the edge and this was then placed onto the topper to finish off the card. I am going to try this technique again now with more peel off's and different coloured inks.

The next card I made for my Mum to say thank you and I used a butterfly window peel off from the same sheet as the one used for the above.

I coloured in the peel off with pro markers and then heat embossed with sparkly powder, certain areas of the image. The beautiful backing paper is from a new design by Echo Park - from their Victoria Garden range and I thought the rose on the paper matched the rose on my picture.

I added a butterfly to the top right corner which had been stuck to white card, coloured in, heat embossed with the sparkly powder and then cut out. The sentiment was stamped with pink ink straight onto the card and then embossed with clear powder. She loved it!

Then I made a get well card using some more gorgeous peel off's that I ordered from Little Claire. They are part of their brown and gold range, and using a transfer sheet I picked up the negative image from the sheet and placed it on the card in the middle of the outline:

The scallop circle was cut out of white card and before sticking the peel off on I coloured it with shimmer chalks. To set the chalk I sprayed it with hairspray, so that they don't rub off. After I stuck the peel off on I coloured in the remaining areas. The edge of the scallop circle was painted with gold perfect pearls which gave it a shimmery finish. A perfect card, which is an unusual get well card.

Now off to play with some more peel off's and to get covered in ink again!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment