Wednesday 6 July 2011

New Card Designs

Having run out of inspiration with the existing card making materials I have (and there are a lot of them!) I went and bought some more and my inspiration has returned.

I was looking for a flower silhouette stamp to stamp on background paper. I didn't find exactly what I had in mind but I did get this stamp which I have been experimenting with.

This card was stamped with black ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder - both the flower and the flourish behind is done in this way, and then some pearl dots and glitter were added to brighten it up.

I then used the same stamp and some brown ink. I then used my shimmer chalks and perfect pearls to create the background. A piece of yellow ribbon and some pearl dots finish off the card.

I also bought an unmounted rubber stamp - which I have not used before but I really liked the design so had to have it. Again I have made two cards so far with this stamp.


This card was made with the rubber stamp, stamped in clear ink and then brushed with purple perfect pearls. It went a bit splodgy but it adds to the vintage effect.

I then stamped the image with my brown ink pad and using a sponge, distressed the background card and edge of the blank card with the same brown ink.

I have also fallen in love with a company called Little Claire Designs (no it's not me - it's just a coincidence). I found some gorgeous peel off's to suit many different occasions and here is what I made.

This one is for a wedding, with a stained glass window as the main feature. The flourish was embossed in all 4 corners and some bells and peel off hearts added at the end.

I was also looking for some ideas for children and found these peel off's. They are coloured brown, so rather than just have the outline of the image I used my transfer sheets (which I have finally found after hunting around for ages) and transferred the whole image across.

There were some lovely hedgehog images too which I have made up into small cards measuring only 4 inches square. Again I used the whole image rather than just the outline.


And finally, some peel off's for men were found and I used this car image to make a male birthday card. This time I did take just the outline sticker and colour it in.



These are just a few of the new bits I bought so watch this space for some more new cards!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment